Social Media Guidelines
Community-contributed comments on Capital Area Intermediate Unit (CAIU), Capital Area Online Learning Association (CAOLA), Agendamanager, and Hill Top Academy social media platforms and pages are the opinion of their author and do not represent the CAIU.
The Capital Area Intermediate Unit encourages community members to respond to posts and share comments that are constructive and courteous toward the school community. Statements and opinions expressed by visitors to the account do not reflect the opinions of the Intermediate Unit. Questions regarding information should be directed to the building administrator or program supervisor, or to the Executive Director’s office for Intermediate Unit-wide information. The Intermediate Unit shall review comments and may remove comments which:
- Are profane, vulgar, harmful to minors or obscene, in accordance with Board policy.
- Contain threats or contain personal attacks on individuals in the school community.
- Promote, suggest or encourage illegal activity or incite violence.
- Promote or endorse commercial products, services or businesses.
- Contain confidential information.
- Contain false or libelous statements.
- Contain hate speech directed at a protected class of individuals, in accordance with Board policy on discrimination and harassment.
- Are spamming in nature (same comment posted repeatedly).